Occasionally you may read a story regarding a fire that was initiated by a space heater. Please consider utilizing these tips to ensure your safety.
- Keep all potential sources of fuel like paper, bedding or rugs at least three feet away.
- Space heaters should never be left unattended. Turn off space heaters before going to bed or leaving home.
- Place space heaters on a level, hard and nonflammable surface (such as a ceramic tile floor), not on rugs or carpets or near bedding or drapes.
- Keep children and pets away from space heaters.
- When buying a space heater, look for models that shut off automatically if the heater falls over as safety measure.