Dogs living within the City of Sergeant Bluff that are over 6 months ae encouraged to be registered. Dog registering enables Sergeant Bluff Police Officers to reunite dogs with their owners in a timely manner if they are found loose. This preventative measure provides a better chance of keeping your beloved pet out of Animal Conrol's care.
There is a one-time fee of $10.00.
Dog impound Fees:
- First Offense: Free
- Second Offense: $15.00
- Third Offense: $25.00
Items that are needed to obtain a dog registration:
- Proof of rabies vaccination with a copy of a shot record and/or receipt from veterinarian
- Proof of spay/neuter (if applicable) with a copy of a receipt for the procedure and/or documentation from veterinarian
- Picture of each dog separately
- Check or Money Order for the appropriate amount
Methods for returning dog registration form:
- Mail - City of Sergeant Bluff, 401 4th Street, P.O. Box 703, Sergeant Bluff, Iowa 51054
- Stop by City Hall to have the picture(s) taken and drop off documentation along with payment
- E-mail photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Registering your pet is a lost dog's ticket home."